Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Giving God Control

  


I feel like so many emotions have been rushing through my head recently. Loss, grief, anxiety, fear, eternity, college...so much has been overwhelming. I feel like my mind keeps getting taken from one to the next and I can't concentrate on one thing.

Lately I've been trying to look for God and ask for His will to be done instead of my own. It's been so hard and is so unpredictable. I can't stand unpredictability- I like things planned out and certain. Even just giving up my grandmother's life into God's hands was hard. I knew that He was able to take better care of her than I could. Seeing just how much confidence and love she had in God was so character-changing to me. Her confidence and trust in Him showed me that I too should have that same faith. It really challenged me.

Sometimes in this life there are things we wish we could control. We want things to happen a certain way but everything we try to do just fails. We try so hard and every door seems to be slammed in our face. It hurts after a while and it gets tiring. But when you feel like you want to give up and you've given it all you've got- go to God and ask for His will to be done. Maybe you've been seeking your own will and not God's.

I have found myself in that place more often than I should. I try so hard to have my will work out and do everything within me to get it done the way I want and not do it God's way. It just shows how much I don't like getting out of my comfort zone and trusting other people. I have such a hard time giving other people control of my life, I guess because so many have seemed to fail me before and let me down.

So if you have something in your life right now that you feel is too heavy to carry anymore - just give it to God. Ask Him to take a hold of it and take it off your shoulders. You don't have to carry the heavy weight anymore- it was never yours to carry. God's got it and He'll carry it for you now. Give it to Him and He will do what is best with the things in your life.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew 11:28
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

Philippians 4:6
 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 

Luke 11:9
 So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Michael V. Reynold

No comments:

Post a Comment