Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Reflection of gratitude

Lately I’ve been reflecting back on my past in Haiti, trying to record the details I always want to remember, the stories I never want to forget, the events that have shaped me for better or for worse. It’s been a difficult time of reflection, as some times down here have been quite dark. Somedays the road we walked was not at all clear. But in looking back, in being vulnerable enough to remember, I am constantly being reminded how faithful God is. No matter how dark times were, no matter how uncertain the path was before us, there was always a shimmer of light. He was always there. His light was always present to help see us though. 

So today I want to encourage you. We serve a God who knows all things, who can not only see the paths ahead of us but created them, and who has already conquered the darkness we often face. And I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but trust him! I’ll admit, I have often second guessed him, but thankfully he was always bigger than my doubt. And he is bigger than yours too. I promise.  Happy weekend. Go walk the paths he has prepared for you, confident that his light is always there.

Michael Vilien Reynold

No comments:

Post a Comment